2018 PAME Conference | June 14-16, 2018
The fourth PAME conference will again bring together healthcare providers, researchers, public health officials, patient advocates, caregivers, families, and patients living with epilepsy. This diverse group of stakeholders will focus on the shared goal of improving our understanding of mortality in epilepsy, including Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP).
Major contributing organizations are American Epilepsy Society (AES) and Epilepsy Foundation (EF). Also providing significant support are Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) and Danny Did Foundation (DDF).
2018 Conference Topic Highlights
- Basic mechanisms, imaging, genetics and pathophysiology of epilepsy-related deaths
- Causes of epilepsy mortality beyond SUDEP (including status epilepticus and suicide)
- Nocturnal supervision, seizure detection and SUDEP prevention
- The relationship between SIDS and SUDEP
- Connectomics of SUDEP
- SUDEP protection with devices
- Precision therapy through genetics
2018 Conference Information
The conference will take place June 14-16 in Alexandria, VA. Registration and housing are now open and available here. The preliminary program is available here. Information about the optional 2018 PAME Capitol Hill advocacy visits can be found here.
If you have questions regarding the 2018 PAME Conference, please contact Joanna Crooks.