2018 PAME Conference
The fourth PAME conference brought together healthcare providers, researchers, public health officials, patient advocates, caregivers, families, and patients living with epilepsy. This diverse group of stakeholders focused on the shared goal of improving our understanding of mortality in epilepsy, including Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP).
Major contributing organizations are American Epilepsy Society (AES) and Epilepsy Foundation (EF). Also providing significant support are Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) and Danny Did Foundation (DDF).
2018 Conference Topic Highlights
- Basic mechanisms, imaging, genetics and pathophysiology of epilepsy-related deaths
- Causes of epilepsy mortality beyond SUDEP (including status epilepticus and suicide)
- Nocturnal supervision, seizure detection and SUDEP prevention
- The relationship between SIDS and SUDEP
- Connectomics of SUDEP
- SUDEP protection with devices
- Precision therapy through genetics